If finding clothes is the biggest hurdle when it comes to taking photos, this is for you! For Newborn Lifestyle Sessions, you can get as creative or keep it as simple as you want. Here are a couple of things that I have seen in sessions that work really well.
1. Dresses are flattering on all body types and they’re comfy. It’s the perfect combination, really. These are two of my favorite dresses this year because they’re beautiful and nursing friendly. How perfect is that!
2. Wear something that you feel comfortable and pretty in! Now is not the time to try and slid into the jeans you wore before you were pregnant. You are going to feel a lot more relaxed if you feel comfortable during the session. If you’re not into dresses, I had one mama wear a robe and it was so pretty. Check out these two options:
3. Find your outfit first. As mama, your outfit might be the hardest to find so find yours and then coordinate everyone to you. I promise everyone else’s outfit will fall into place!
If you need more inspiration or dress options, check out this Pinterest board:
1. I recommend sticking with a simple white onesie. It’s an easy and classic look. Sometimes it’s hard to get things to fit right on babies so you can’t go wrong with a onesie.
2. A cute hat or bow adds the perfect amount of personality and color to your photos without taking over the photo and overshadowing your little baby.
3. Making sure you have a nice swaddle blanket. For the majority of the session baby usually ends up swaddled so make sure you have a swaddle blanket with nice colors that you like.
If you need more ideas, check out this Pinterest board:
1. Keep it simple. Simple colors. Simple patterns. This will make them happy and comfortable and they’ll coordinate easily with you and your outfit.
Check out this Pinterest board for clothing ideas and suggestions for Dads.
1. Matchy-matchy can be fun and it requires very minimal thinking.
2. For girls, go with what they want to wear. I know sometimes that’s hard but they are going to cooperate a lot better if they love what they are wearing. My daughter loves little dresses right now. Here are two dresses that I love!
If you need more ideas for girls clothes, check out this Pinterest board for all ages!
3. For boys, again keep the cardinal rule! Go with something they feel comfortable wearing. Most of the time you can mimic dad’s style a little bit. Khakis and a neutral colored shirt are great options.
If you need more ideas for boys, check out this Pinterest board to see more options for all ages!
When you book a newborn photo session with Madison Thomson Photography, I help you every step of the way! Once you book, I’ll send you a questionnaire to get to know you and what it is you want to accomplish with your photo session. Then I’ll send you a prep guide with clothing ideas, how to get your home ready, and how to get all your people ready! I love texting clothing ideas back and forth to figure out what will look best for your session and your family. I’m here for you mama!